Monday, August 30, 2010

Tik Tok. Dooms Day.

Taken sometime March 2010

I worry, I weigh three times my body 
I worry, I throw my fear around
But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain 
The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain

~Clarity, John Mayer


September 1, 2010 is the day.


Could be my Dooms day. It's a Judgement day.
A yes or No, Regularization or not. 
who knows what they'll say.
Anxiety creeps unnoticed.
I need the decision the soonest.
No need to worry, that's what they say.
Worry much about the results they'll lay.
Do or die or Flap and fly, if bad news comes my way.
Oh what will they tell me, what will they say?

September 1, 2010. I'd like to think of it as Dooms day, as it is in a way the make-or-break point of my job.

6 months ago, I decided to make a career move and be part of the Lexmark family. I have to leave behind my friends, my team mates, a fat pay check, my comfort zone. But the most difficult touchstone I had was to leave all the people I shared a strong bond with; people who 2 years I considered my brothers and sisters. I never thought separation would hurt that bad. Many times have I thought of going back but I pride tells me to suck it up and stand up for what I will about start. Currently, I'm working as Technical Support for Color Laser printers in Canada and US. I still am doing the same shit as before but this ballgame is far better than the prior. This is a whole new hedge I have to knock over. 6months after I should be an official employee of the company. Hopefully by then, they give me a 'Yes' and a 'Go' because I'm happy with this daily grind. I'm happy note that I'm in a state where I'm contented, appeased and most of all, stress-free. I just hope they fatten my paycheck soon. >.<





**As of September 1st, happy to note that I got regularized but paycheck did not change. amf

No comments:

Post a Comment